The quality of drinking water can change with time and become contaminated with harmful bacteria. The Sterilight Platinum™ family of premium UV disinfection systems is a reliable, economical and chemical-free way to safeguard drinking water in any residential application. Sterilight Platinum has been designed and tested to ensure quality drinking water is at everyone’s finger tips. Regardless of your need, there is a Platinum system to suit your requirements. VIQUA offers systems that range in flow rates from just 3 gpm for a small home or cottage, up to 52 gpm for a larger home or small business.
Features of Sterilight Platinum UV water purification systems
- Equipped to inactivate chlorine-resistant parasites such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia, harmful bacteria
like E.Coli, and viruses not visible to the naked eye.
- Platinum “SPV” models are NSF Standard 55 Class A validated.
- Specially designed and tested Sterilume™-HO lamps provide consistent and reliable ultraviolet output over
the entire life of the lamp (9000 hours) to ensure continuous purification, and offer superior performance in cold water conditions.
- The system is easy to maintain and service with easy lamp and cartridge replacement and quick disconnect fittings.
- New Safety-Loc™ connector with interlock that ensures power is disconnected before lamp can be removed, hidden ground wire, and visual lamp on indicator.
- Built with a durable stainless steel chamber to prolong life and eliminate ultraviolet light degradation.
- Patented axial flow system directs water entering the chamber to the most intense area of UV light.
- Unique flow-pacing sensor reduces heating and energy consumption when water is not being used.
- The Platinum™ ICE power supply boasts a graphic interface, universal power, visual elapsed time meter to count down the remaining lamp life in days, visual UV output, constant current output, full system
diagnostic on start-up, dry contacts, and universal IEC power input connector.
- The power supply has a sealed case to prevent damage from accidental water intrusion and is fully CSA and CE compliant.
- Monitored systems have a specialized 254nm UV intensity sensor which notifies homeowner of changes in UV performance.
- Monitored systems allow for the installation of an optional solenoid valve which will stop the flow of water through the chamber should the UV performance fall below a safe a level.
- Unique to the Integrated Home Systems:
o High-output UV lamp technology coupled with effective filtration to provide a comprehensive whole home system, with the added benefit of NSF55 Class A validation.
o Equipped with a 20” sediment filter to remove particles from the water, and a 20” carbon filter to improve the water’s taste and remove chlorine odour.
o Quick connect union and drain port allows for easy maintenance and winter storage, if required.